
We've just returned from a family trip to Tennessee. Way back in February 2008 when I found out I'd obtained an internship, Phil announced that we were going on a family trip if/when we survived the year. So with internship complete at the end of July, we traveled to MI for some wonderful time with family and friends (I'll eventually post those pictures too). Phil then planned a mini vacation for the five of us to Chattanooga. In addition to being a really neat city, Chattanooga is also home to a terrific aquarium and a train-themed hotel. The Chattanooga Choo-Choo Hotel is located in a former train station and has numerous train cars, engines, and train gear all around the premises. As I'm sure you can guess, this is pure heaven for 2.5 year-old boys. Other highlights of the trip including riding a beautiful carousel on the riverfront and numerous rides on the public bus. We concluded our trip with a train ride with the Tennessee Valley Railroad. It was an exhausting few days compounded by the boys all having colds. We're happy to say we survived our first trip with just the five of us, though I don't know that we'll be repeating it any time soon.

Leighton and Ryland waving at the engineer as we prepared to board.


Leighton was so excited about riding the carousel that he couldn't stop smiling or keep his eyes open!

Ryland made a rush for the pig...his favorite animal.

left to right: Ryland, Paxton, & Leighton
No comments:
Post a Comment